BEST UK ONLINE CASINO REVIEWS
We spend far too much time playing at online casinos (or so our partners and mothers tell us). But our dedication means we know a fair bit about the different sites that are out there. So why not compile them in one place along with some honest, detailed and helpful reviews to help you find the best online casino for you?
That’s precisely what we’ve done on this very page. We’ll continue our quest to find the best online casino UK over the coming months and years so keep checking back to find out who’s hot and who’s not. Our reviews will cover the features that are most important to players from welcome bonuses to site design and game selection. We’ll also keep the jargon down to keep your interest up! So, enjoy and browse away, we do hope you find our online casino reviews and guides useful. Our reviewers will be unbearably miserable if you don’t.
WHAT’S THE BEST ONLINE CASINO?
We’ve got big noses here at 777 Casino, mine is something of a family heirloom in truth – passed on from generation to generation. We use our noses to sniff out the best bonuses from the best sites, then we write about them. Honesty is important to us though, I’ve said it elsewhere, but we call a spade a spade and a lousy casino, a bad casino. We hate those sites who only tell you the good stuff, without any of the bad. That does come with a caveat, however. We choose who we list on this site and don’t bother reviewing awful online casinos UK with terrible UX or worse still, immoral, untrustworthy and downright dodgy sites. We could review them and rip them to shreds, but we’d instead not give them exposure at all. By reviewing the best online casinos, we are promoting them too. It’s right that we’re picky.
WHAT MAKES A GOOD ONLINE CASINO?
The very best UK online casinos will share some common characteristics, yet find a way of distinguishing themselves from the crowd. They will be well designed, to ensure excellent user experience. They will look good and play across a variety of devices, including all manner of mobile phones and tablets. They’ll be safe and secure while offering excellent customer support if you need it. And yes, they will also feature some innovative and exciting online casino UK bonuses too. We’ve separated our reviews into subsections, which reflect some of these features:
• How Does the Casino Look? – Looks aren’t everything, but they are important. Visuals, graphics and attractive site design will improve your playing experience.
• Is the Casino Easy to Use? – This one is crucial. From registration, through to organisation and the cashier service, is the online casino UK easy to navigate without confusion or dreaded glitches? Is customer support at hand when you need it?
• The Games Collection – No matter how beautiful an online casino’s design, it’s nothing without a great collection of casino games, particularly online video slots. We cover casino software suppliers – just in case you have a favourite – jackpots and organisation in this section.
• The Welcome Bonus – Most of you will love a good bonus. We know that, so we write about them a lot, judging online casino bonuses by size, variety and associated terms and conditions including wagering requirements.
• The Availability of Jackpots – Online gambling sites offering progressive jackpot(s) which can run into the millions of pounds in winnings are a real bonus. Keep a lookout for these types of UK casinos. Jackpot!
• Why Become a Regular Player? – How does the site reward your loyalty with bonuses and player care? Is the customer service function worthy of the name? Is it a well-licensed, secure and safe online casino UK that you can trust with repeated deposits?
• The Mobile Casinos – The most significant change that’s occurred in this young industry had seen the growth of mobile casinos. If you’re one of many hundreds who want to play from an Apple or Android device ‘on the go’, you’ll need a great mobile casino.
• Our verdict – We’ll sum it all up in the last section of our review so you can make some quick decisions.
ONLINE CASINO LICENSES
We’re a UK based site, so we want to include British players as much as possible. For that reason, the vast majority of the casinos we review hold a UK license. This means that you Brits can register with them, pick up the welcome bonus and become regular players at a trustworthy online casino UK. As an added bonus, we can be confident that we’re listing not only the best Online Casinos UK but the Best Online Casinos per se. Why? Because of the gravitas that comes with a UK license! The UK Gambling Commission scrutinise sites like no other, hence why not every casino holds the right to practice in this country. It’s a real stamp of quality – as is a license from the Malta Gaming Authority – and is reassuring for players of all nationalities who can play at top online casinos the UK with peace of mind. Other gaming commissions like the Kahnawake Gaming Commission look after Canada online gambling sites.
ONLINE CASINO BONUSES
Nearly all the casinos provide a welcome bonus nowadays, but most offer regular casino bonuses as well. These are typically supplemented by ad hoc promotions offering prizes, holidays and other rewards. Not all promotions are available to every nationality, so be sure to check the terms of the offers we review on this site. But most of the top online casinos UK ensure that their bonus promotions are available to UK players and the more prominent European nations in the industry. Scandinavian players tend to be well looked after for example.
The best online casino bonuses come in various guises, from free spins to a welcome deposit bonus, or even real money signup to get you playing. The best online casino UK welcome bonuses are regularly refreshed, so they don’t become stale but remember you can only use a welcome offer once (when you sign up unsurprisingly), and trying to pull a fast one by registering several times under different emails addresses is futile – top online casinos have mechanisms in place to catch you out. So, you should give as much credence to an online casino’s regular bonuses because it’s those you will use time and time again. That’s if you like your bonuses of course. We’ll help point you in the direction of an online casino that has the bonuses that best match your priorities and which casino offers lower wagering requirements.
BEST ONLINE SLOT GAMES
An online casino would be quite dull without casino games. Some might even argue that it would cease to be a casino at all! The proliferation of gaming sites has been facilitated by the rising number of game providers now operating in the space. There’s a huge breadth of choice these days. It means that a top online casino UK can provide players with a choice of hundreds and sometimes thousands of online slots machines, virtual card games such as blackjack, online poker, scratchcards and even live casino games. The scale of choice is almost dizzying in fact. NetEnt and Evolution gaming are considered the best software providers but there are many others.
Our online casino review will acknowledge both the size and variation of each online casino’s game choice, but our game reviews will provide the detail. UK online casinos tend to offer both of those attributes in abundance, particularly if you like your online slots as much as we do.
ONLINE CASINOS PAYMENT METHODS
The best UK online casinos support numerous deposit and withdrawal methods. The chances are that you will be able to deposit via credit cards or debit cards like Visa or Mastercard everywhere, but a growing proliferation of alternative online payment types has resulted in a greater number of options. It’s important to note there are now very strict anti money laundering laws governing internet gambling sites.
NETELLER AS AN ONLINE CASINO UK PAYMENT METHOD
Neteller is one of the oldest digital payment methods currently in operation. The e-wallet and pre-paid card service support hundreds of millions of card transactions each year. It’s one of the most widely available payment options at the best online casinos UK so a great choice for gaming enthusiasts.
SKRILL AS AN ONLINE CASINO UK PAYMENT METHOD
Skrill arrived a couple of years after Neteller and occupied a similar space. It also offers digital wallet and card payment services, but it is more popular with people in its native UK. Once considered Neteller’s natural rival, they are now both part of the same group following acquisition activity.
PAYSAFECARD AS AN ONLINE CASINO UK PAYMENT METHOD
This simple, user-friendly payment method is another that’s enjoyed a surge in popularity over recent years. It’s a bit like gift cards you can buy at online retailers like Amazon but can be used anywhere. The gift cards come loaded with a defined amount of credit, which you can spend as you please.
PAYPAL AS AN ONLINE CASINO UK PAYMENT METHOD
Paypal is the world’s most popular online payment method. Despite that, it isn’t supported by a vast number of gaming sites. So why do even the best online casinos UK ignore Paypal? It’s to do with charges payable by the host site, at least in the most part. Strangely enough, however, most bingo sites do seem to support Paypal. It’s so rare amongst top online casinos that we consider it a very positive sign if a site does offer Paypal.
WIRE TRANSFER AS AN ONLINE CASINO UK PAYMENT METHOD
If you’re a fan of snails, you can also choose to deposit by wire transfer. It doesn’t get more traditional than that, short of sticking all your cash in a canvas bag with a big pound sign on it, lugging it over your shoulder and delivering it yourself. Again, nearly all sites support wire transfers although they can take longer to process.
ONLINE CASINO GAMBLING ADDICTION
An online casino is there to be enjoyed. The games are fun; there’s always a chance you might win some money, and there’s even a social element to some of the best online casinos UK nowadays. It will only remain enjoyable, however, if you know when to stop. Gambling addiction remains a problem for many, unfortunately, so it’s important to establish your limits and stick with them. The old adage should always apply: don’t bet any money you can’t afford to lose.
Responsible gaming is now a concern for the leading gaming companies, and the best UK casinos should always install ethical policies which prioritise sensible messaging above profits. Most sites now follow the recommendations of several organisations that provide support to those who develop gambling problems. They include:
• Gamble Aware – Provides support to those who need it and promotes sensible gambling habits. The organisation provides an essential service to the online casino UK industry and sports betting industry, and gaming platforms provide a link to its homepage.
• GamCare – Like Gamble Aware, GamCare provides sensible advice for gamblers who are prone to addiction. It can even help you find counselling services if you need them.
• Gamblers Anonymous – Part of the same group that has helped so many people with drink problems via Alcoholics Anonymous, this is a safe haven where those who are struggling with gambling can discuss their experience in confidence.
• NHS Gambling Addition – The National Health Service also provides support to people who develop gambling problems centred on the overuse of an online casino UK or other forms of betting. The scheme is based in London but open to all registered NHS service users.